How to Turn Off Amazon FireStick
Do you want to know if you can turn off your Amazon FireStick? Here’s how to turn off your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
The Amazon FireStick is one of the most popular TV plug-in devices. Everyone wants to own the FireStick for a variety of reasons. Any basic TV with an HDMI port can be easily upgraded to a smarter model. You can also immediately install and stream your favorite apps and services that provide free local TV channels, TV series, and movies.
We’ve already discussed how to turn on your FireStick and even perform a FireStick reset. However, there appears to be one specific question that many people have, and that is how to turn off a FireStick. Today, we’ll put an end to the guessing game by discussing whether you can actually turn the FireStick off and what steps you can take to do so. Let’s get this party started.
How to Power Off Amazon FireStick
To answer the most important question of all, the Amazon FireStick cannot be turned off. You can only reduce its power consumption by enabling the sleep mode. So, if you’re wondering how to enable this low-power mode, we’ve listed a few options for you to try.
Enable Low Power via Settings
You can follow these steps to enable the sleep mode on your Amazon FireStick.
- Grab the FireStick remote and navigate to the Settings menu on the home screen.
- On your screen, you will now see a few options.
- Highlight the option that says Sleep with the moon icon.
- Selecting it will enable the sleep mode on your Amazon FireStick.
- To remove it from sleep mode, simply press any of the volume buttons or the previous and next buttons on your FireStick remote.
Enable Sleep via Remote Shortcut
There is another way for you to enable the Sleep mode on your Amazon FireStick without having to rummage through the Settings menu.
- Grab the remote and press the Home button.
- Keep the button pressed for about 5 seconds.
- You should now see a screen that displays the time and multiple options below it.
- Navigate and select the Sleep option to enable Sleep mode on your Amazon FireStick.
- You can press either the volume or the previous/next button on your remote to remove it from Sleep mode.
Enable Sleep via Mobile Device
The Amazon App for Android and iOS devices is a very useful app because it replaces a lost or damaged remote. Aside from all of the basic functions, the app can also be used to put the FireStick into sleep mode. This is how you can carry out this function.
- Download and install the Amazon FireTV app on your Android or iOS device.
- Make sure that the mobile device and your FireStick are connected to the same wifi network.
- Now, launch the app and sign into it with the same account used on FireStick.
- Tap on the Gear icon present at the top left corner of the app.
- Simply tap on the Sleep option. Your Amazon FireStick will now be enabled on the low power mode.
Unplug the FireStick
The steps mentioned above will only keep your FireStick in Sleep Mode. But, if you want to actually power off your Amazon FireStick, there is no other way than unplugging it from the TV or switching off its power source. The reason why the FireStick doesn’t have a Sleep option is simply that it will be easier for it to update its software automatically when it’s not being used.
If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the section below.